If your team is from a country that requires a visa to visit Sweden, please read this. Depending on which country you are searching from, the administrative process differs. It usually takes about 8 weeks. Partille Cup is offering certain administrative assistance in your visa application. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
How to apply for a visa
- Make sure that all players, coaches and fellow travellers have valid passports.
- Load and save the name list called “Name list” on our website, fill in the full name, including date of birth and passport number. If you can’t download the PDF, please contact us and we will email one to you.
- Send the name list to us, then we will send the name list along with an invitation letter and send it back to you and the embassy.
- Contact your embassy well in advance for a meeting; bring your name list and invitation letter.
- Inform Partille Cup if you have specific requests about what should be included in the invitation letter.
- Once you have an approval from the embassy, let us know.
- If your team have not participated in Partille Cup earlier, we may need additional information about the club. Your existence may have to be verified by your handball federation.
- The team should pay in advance both the registration fee and participation fee. However, this is not a requirement of Partille Cup, but it promotes processing of the case.
- Partille Cup is unable to influence the decision ruled by the embassy. However, we have good cooperation and dialogue with most embassies.
- The teams that have not been granted a visa by May 1st can unfortunately not be guaranteed participation in the tournament.
List of foreign citizens who require Visa for entry into Sweden
*) = holder of a Diplomatic Passport or a Service Passport does not require a visa
**) = holder of a Diplomatic Passport does not require a visa
***) = holder of a Diplomatic Passport does not require a visa for a short stay according
to an agreement between the EC and respectively state on the facilitation of the issuance of visas
****) = holder of a biometric Passport does not require a visa
*****) = holder of a Passport with identity card number does not require a visa
Cape Verde ***)
Central African Rep.
China, (excl. Hongkong and Macao)
Congo, Dem. Rep.
Nothern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
The Philippines *)
Sao Tomé & Principe