Zagreb ready to win again
Zagreb won the B10 class last year. Now the same team is aiming to win the B11 class in Partille Cup 2017.
They reached the final today.
– We have great chances to win, says the top scorer Lovro Zirdum.
Last year Zagreb played fantastic in the Partille Cup and won both the B10 and B12 class. The B10 team won the final against IK Sund with big number, 19 goals to five. Now the players, who all has shoved “CRO” (Croatia) on the sides of the head, are one year older and wants to do exactly like last year. The croats went through the group game with five straight victories and 113-33 in goal difference. In the playoff they have won against the swedish duo Redbergslids IK (19-4) and Eskilstuna Guif (14-10, after leading 9-0 at half time) and H 71 1 (16-7) from the Faroe Islands.
– It’s a really lovely tournament. We want to win the Partille Cup. Our strength is our offensive play. We are better forward than backwards, says Lovro Zirdum.
Ivan Dragic and Lovro Zirdum talking tactics.
The coach Ivan Dragic has been here with teams from Zagreb eight times.
– I won the tournament as a player in 1997, the coach says proudly.
He is just like Lovro hopeful before the final, which will be played at Heden 1 at 10.00 am tomorrow. They face Rugvica, another team from Croatia.
– We will meet a good team, but we’re good and I think we can win, says Ivan Dragic.
Lovro Zirdum has scored many goals during the week and is already looking forward to coming back to Gothenburg next year. His idol is PSG:s danish national team player Mikkel Hansen. Lovro is serious with his handball and is dreaming of playing in front of huge crowds in big arenas.
– I want to play for Croatias national team, says the talent.