Istanbul Teknik Basket SK is here to have fun: ”Sweden is a good country”
One team from Turkey is participating in the Partille Cup this year and they’re called Istanbul Teknik Basket SK.
The 16-year-old players in Istanbul Teknik Basket SK are happy to be here and play the sport they love more than any other sport.
Istanbul Teknik Basket SK have lost their five games in their group stage. But the results isn’t the most important thing this wonderful week.
– It’s very good to meet other teams. We haven’t won any game yet but I hope that we will, says the player Bora Heris after their game against Swedish side Lugi at Heden.
Tomorrow they start the B playoffs.
– It’s good to be here, it’s my first time. It’s a different place than Istanbul and a good experience for the team. I like it. It’s very nice, he says.
Bora Heris has never been in Sweden before. But he has got good impressions of the country.
– Sweden is a good country. The people are nice and welcoming and the Partille Cup organization is very good. The opening ceremony was also great. I like the tournament very much, says the Turkish player.
Handball isn’t a big sport in Turkey.
– Handball isn’t popular like here. It’s much more popular in Sweden and you have much more teams. I hope that Turkey will be a handball country in the future. I think we can learn from Sweden, says Bora Heris.
They already have plans for next year.
– We want to come back to the Partille Cup. We like Gothenburg and the handball here, he says with a huge smile.