The chef: "Seeing the joy of young people is something that motivates me"
Mirvat Sadek is one of the Partille Cup's invaluable and very loyal Crew Members.
Mirvat Sadek works as a chef during both the Partille Cup and the Gothia Cup every summer.
– There are many advantages by working with the Gothia Cup and the Partille Cup, she says.
It all started with a tip from her boss at the time, who thought she should look for extra work during the tournament weeks.
– It turned out that I applied for it. I've been involved for almost ten years now, says Mirvat Sadek.
She hasn't regretted it for a second.
– It's always exciting to work with young people and support something as big as a tournament. The youth's energy comes from food. Then it's natural that I, as a chef, would like to serve something that they like. Seeing the joy of young people is also something that motivates me.
Most of the time, she feels that the atmosphere is great. But sometimes she also has to be patient, which is a challenge in itself.
– Some young people are not used to picking up after themselves. Then it's difficult to teach young people to do this in less than a week. But once they get it, it's always fun to see their development.
Why do you think others should become Crew Members during these tournaments?
– It's an extra job where you meet many different cultures and people. You get in touch with people which then lead to friendships. There are many advantages by working with the Gothia Cup and the Partille Cup. Many meet friends for life!
What are you most looking forward to with this summer's tournaments?
– To cook good food and get feedback on it. In addition to that, it's the challenge and development of working with new people in new places, says Mirvat Sadek.