Brazilian team Helvetia has arrived in Gothenburg
The teams are arriving in Gothenburg today - but the Brazilian team Helvetia already arrived yesterday.
Helvetia from Brazil has arrived in Gothenburg. Even though the journey was long the players are happy and full of excitement in front of the tournament.
- We are really looking forward to the matches, says Henrique Osuka, one of the Helvetia players.
The team arrived in Gothenburg yesterday, but during the monday the players got to know the city of Gothenburg.
- We arrived yesterday. We flew from Brazil to Germany, and from Germany on to Sweden, says Henrique Osuka.
How does it feel to have arrived in Sweden?
- It feels really good! I have never traveled abroad from Brazil before, so I am very happy to be here. We are looking forward to play the matches, but also exploring the Swedish culture and meeting the Swedish people, because it is very different from how it is in Brazil, he says.
Helvetia competes in the B15 category, and will play their first match tomorrow against Skanderborg HB at Heden Arena 5, at 12:40 p.m.
- I hope we can win some matches, but they will be very tough because the teams here are really good, but we will try our best, says Lucas Kenji Kuramochi Uratsuka, 15, another player from Helvetia.
This is the first time Lucas participates in the Partille Cup and he thinks it will be a very instructive experience.
- It is going to be really interesting to see the handball culture here in Sweden. In Brazil, it is all about the football, but here in Sweden handball is big, so it is going to be really fun to see how it works here, he continues.
Helvetia does not play any matches today, but the plans for the day are still clear.
- We are going to a mall today to buy things, so I am really looking forward to it, says Lucas Kenji Kuramochi Uratsuka.