Cesson Rennes Métropole is here to win
The French are confident ahead of the knockout stage
The French club Cesson Rennes Métropole Handball has arrived in Sweden to compete and win in the sport they are passionate about.
- We are here to win the tournament, says Paul Jeffroy, player for Cesson Rennes Métropole
Paul Jeffroy has played handball for ten years, however, this is the first time he is participating In Partille Cup.
- It is great. We did not know that the tournament was as big as it is. Earlier, we had played in a cup in Paris, but that was not close to as big as Partille Cup is, he states.
The handball culture in France is big, and Cesson Rennes Métropole competes in the French First Division.
- Handball is big in France. All my friends like it and there is a big stadium in my home town where the team plays. So it is great to come to a place where there is a big handball culture as well.
What are your ambitions as a handball player?
- I just want to have fun. To go professional is not an option for me, so I just play to enjoy the game and spend time with my friends.
Tomorrow the French side will make their entrance in the B-play-offs. The objective for the rest of the tournament is set.
- Have fun and win the rest of our games, he says.