HC Utena from Lithuania is doing really well: “We have good speed”
Lithuanian side HC Utena has impressed and the team has now qualified for the A playoffs.
The Lithuanians in HC Utena’s B13 team won four out of six games and scored 90 goals in the group stage. Now they are through to the A playoffs.
– Our team has good speed, says the player Tadas Simonelis.
The team has come here from Utena in northeast Lithuania.
– I haven’t been here before. I like the Partille Cup and handball is a good sport. The Partille Cup has lots of teams and countries and the place where we sleep is very good. I like a lot to play here. We have so much fun here, says Tadas Simonelis.
They’re doing so well and making Lithuania very proud.
– It’s a nice feeling to win games here. Maybe we can go far in the tournament, but it will be tough to win, says the 13-year-old.
They score many goals in their games.
– Our team has good speed, says Tadas Simonelis.
Handball is a quite small sport in Lithuania.
– It’s not popular but I think the sport is getting bigger. I don’t know have many teams we have but I think every city has one team.
Why are you playing handball?
– I like the sport and my friends are also playing and having fun, says Tadas Simonelis.
Many groups are completed today. HC Utena will start the A playoffs against Stjarnan from Iceland at 10.20 on Friday morning. Good luck tomorrow, both teams!