Ljubomir Vranjes is here and enjoying the handball party
The handball profile is here to see the next generations of stars
Ljubomir Vranjes is here this year as well! Despite the rainy weather, the former star is at Heden with a big smile on his face.
- I have many good memories from Partille Cup, he says.
Ljubomir Vranjes has big experience both as a player and as a manager. As a player, he was a part of the iconic Swedish national team called "The Bengan Boys" and won, among other things, the World Cup once and the European Championships three times. As a manager, he has also reached great heights. 2014, he won the Champions League as a manager for the German side Flensburg, a team which he also represented as a player.
“The flying meatball”, as he is called because of his height, was at Heden on Thursday to support his daughters. They play for Lugi HF.
- I am very happy that they get the opportunity to experience this because it is an incredible event.
Nowadays Vranjes appears at Partille Cup more or less every year, and he is a big fan of the whole tournament.
- The togetherness is the most important thing. It does not matter which country you come from, everyone is happy here, despite the poor weather. So the togetherness is the most important thing for me, he says.
He is mainly here to support his children, but that is not the only reason why he has appeared in Gothenburg.
- I am working as well. There are some talents you keep an extra eye on, says Vranjes, who recently was appointed as the director of handball for the German club Flensburg.
Do you have any other plans for the rest of the week?
- The main objective is to watch as many matches as possible. I watched some matches yesterday, I will keep watching the matches today. Apart from that I will make sure to eat good food as well, Vranjes says and laughs.